Skip to main content

Author Topic: Question about selling

Question about selling
OP: March 07, 2017, 05:02:03 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to post WFF Mice for sale on the Forum. What's the trick?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
Re: Question about selling
#1: March 08, 2017, 10:12:35 AM
Post mice for selling the same way you posted your question, except that you post under the For Sale board rather than the General Information board.  And since you have to login to post in the first place, you can Attach photos to posting as well. See link below the message body area that says "Attachments and other options", then click on it to add photos. Note that there are file size restrictions on attachments, so you might need to lighten up your photos by either making them smaller or less resolute. Or use multiple postings.

For those of you watching the For Sale board, note that you will only see the photos if you are currently logged in; Guest logins cannot view the photos.
  • IP logged

#2: March 11, 2017, 06:18:44 AM
Thanks, Geoff! I was able to list some mice for sale, but I didn't see any way to request that any responses come to me as emails, like the old board used to have. Or is it automatic now? This new system is SO complicated! Call me stodgy, but I miss the old days!
  • IP logged

#3: March 11, 2017, 06:22:50 AM
One more question. I only see 13 "For Sale" posts. Is that all that have been posted since the Forum began, or is there a way to see page 2, etc?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
#4: March 12, 2017, 01:21:13 AM
I was unable to find a setting that allows you to be notified automatically of any responses to your posts, and frankly, I'm glad because personally I would not want to be inundated with messages telling me of responses to my posts. But I understand your point; notifications would be nice. Respondents have the option of emailing you through the board using the little envelope icon the the left, underneath your name, but otherwise, you'll have to check for replies. If I wanted a piece for sale, I'd probably email rather than post, but maybe I just have a greater sense of urgency.

As for the number of For Sale posts, people are still posting to the old boards, but those boards are deprecated and should disappear soon.

This forum has a lot of features; I'm still discovering them myself! I understand that it will take some time for people to acclimate.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
#5: March 12, 2017, 10:46:30 AM
I think I discovered how to do it: At the bottom of the post is a button labeled 'Notify'. Hit that and you'll get an option to be notified of replies to your post.
  • IP logged