Skip to main content

Author Topic: New registrations may experience a slight delay in account approval

• Administrator
Apparently spammers just love this forum because I routinely get 3 or 4 registration requests daily from them. For this reason, I switched the registration process from 'automatic authorization via email response' to 'approval by admin' (mainly me). Luckily, a lot of spammers don't look like mousers online, so it's not difficult to screen them out. Besides, the first time they spam, I cast them out along with all their posts.

So, if you're planning to join this forum,

1. Expect to wait a day or so for me to approve your account. Consider the delay your contribution to keeping spam off this forum. I'll do my best to approve your account quickly, but occasionally I'm incommunicado.
2. Please look like a mouser and not a spammer (If you're a mouser, you probably don't know what I mean, but just look like yourself. Don't try to be a wiseguy and impersonate a spammer unless you really enjoy being turned away at the door--the forum software makes it really easy to bunt spammers into the weeds.)
3. Spam once and you're out the door.

If I cast you out by mistake, please send me an email. You can find my address all over the WFFCC Website. My apologies in advance.

Geoff
  • IP logged