Skip to main content

Author Topic: Mantle Clock Repairs....

M
Mantle Clock Repairs....
OP: April 07, 2018, 08:07:17 PM
Hello:  I have one of the green mantle clocks that the Factory produced in 2006 I think.  I received mine during a time when I was in the process of moving (silly thing to do I know!).  I packed it away with all my other mice and forgot about it. Forward 5 years, I am just now unpacking everything, all my mice, etc.  I found the clock this evening, packed up in orignal box, etc.  I gently unpacked it,  I plugged it in, put in a fresh battery and the clock doesn't work.  I susupect it never has obviously because it's been packed away for years.  The light in the bottom works just fine.  Just the clock itself doesn't.  I have no idea where I bought this from, but not in any store locally as there are none.  So it was shipped to me.  My question is, is it worth having someone (fine watch repairman) look at it to get the clock mechanism working?   It is a beautiful clock, so cute but disappointing it doesn't work.  I would like to sell it if I get it working or does that matter?

Has anyone else had problems with their clocks mechanically working?  Should I contact the factory?  Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!
Susan
  • IP logged

M
Re: Mantle Clock Repairs....UPDATE!
#1: April 09, 2018, 11:53:32 PM
I contacted the factory to ask them what their suggestion was, I received a wonderful reply from Jenny.  She said Willy thought if I pinched the two battery connectors together, that might be the answer.  They had kindly offered to replace the mechanical mechanism if that didn't work.   Guess What!!  I did as Willy said, I squished the battery connectors togther more and VOILA!!  It worked.  Thank you to the AWESOME support from the Wee Forest Factory, they are so great to work with.  I feel like a dunce for not thinking about this myself, but so happy it was an easy fix.
  • IP logged